Friday, May 9, 2014

Max's songs

We made a middle of the night ER run Wednesday night because Max had croup and was having trouble breathing. Croup is scary stuff. He was gasping for air and started sweating because he was trying so hard to breathe. He was retracting so bad we were pretty worried and decided to head to the ER. Through all of it, he wasn't turning blue, so I knew he was still getting good circulation but I was praying hard for his guardian angel to protect him. Texas Children's has its Main Campus in the medical center and it also has another location sort of closer to us. We opted to not go to the Main Campus because we've witnessed how crazy their ER can be. It was a wise choice because we were in and out of the ER in about 2.5 hours. They gave him a steroid, some medicine, took a chest x-ray, and we were on our way. The ER doctor was incredible and our nurse was AMAZING. I just can't say enough about Texas Children's. It blows me away every time. On the way home Max randomly started singing these lyrics from a Ryan Stevenson song:

Jesus, I don't want anything coming in between you and me.
Jesus, it doesn't matter what I have to go through.
I'm holding nothing back, nothing back from you.

Ironically, that song also talks about a broken heart. This is the third time we've either left an appointment or a procedure and Max breaks in to song. After his catheter in December he started singing:

Jesus loves me! This I know, 

For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong; 
They are weak, but He is strong.



After our appointment in February, he started singing these lyrics from Colton Dixon:

If I had no voice, if I had no tongue
I would dance for You like the rising sun
And when that day comes and I see Your face
I will shout Your endless, glorious praise.

At this appointment we were fully anticipating that the doctors would schedule his next surgery. But at the end of the appointment, Dr. Kyle told us that he looked better that day than he did six months ago in August. He said he had no medical explanation for it. Surgery has been put off and we don't have to go back until this August. 

Thursday I was pretty tired from basically pulling an all nighter, but I kept thinking about all these songs that Max sings. He inspires me so much. It could be that this is all coincidence, but I choose not to look at it that way. God is in complete control of Max's life and all of his circumstances. This I know for sure. And God is constantly winking at me and sometimes smacking me in the face to remind me to just let go and TRUST. 




No comments:

Post a Comment