Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rolling!!

Sometimes I feel like there's not much I can do to help Max besides shower him with love and feed him. One of my major concerns is making sure he's developmentally on track. I was starting to get even more worried because he's 5 months and hasn't rolled over yet. But worry no more....my little man rolls. Part of the hold up was that he wasn't allowed to be on his stomach six weeks post op. After that, he never liked tummy time. He would cry and scream, which is unusual for my sweet guy. I started reading and researching online how to help him and one suggestion was to put a flat pillow under him to prop him up a little bit. I did that, and within 10 minutes he was rolling over. Needless to say, I'm really proud of him. Besides that, I think he's still on track with most babies his age. I am going to take him to get evaluated by a therapist just to make sure, but the pediatrician thinks he is doing well.

It's little moments like these, that make me really sad I missed all of this with Clare. I now know how time with my babies is really precious and to not take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment